BELLWOOD PROPERTIES Management Services
Below you will find an outline of the Management Services that we offer. However, terms can be individually tailored tosuit any circumstances. For more information on any of the services, or to create your own bespoke service package, please get in contact.
Full Management Service
- Find a suitable tenant - We are in regular contact with all the major local companies and relocation agents. All viewings are accompanied, where a landlord is not in residence.
- All tenants are fully
reference checked by an independent specialist company and if
it is recommended that a guarantor
is required then they also are reference checked.
- Inventory - A full and detailed inventory is taken prior to occupation; this is coupled with accurate condition notes including gardens and grounds.
- Tenancy Agreement - Drawing
up the correct lease agreement which will usually be Assured Shorthold
but in some
cases may be a Company Licence.
- Notify local authority of change of name for Council Tax.
- Check-in inspection with the tenants to obtain the tenants' signature on the inventory and condition notes. Tenants receive a welcome pack including such information as instructions for appliances, heating etc.
- Collection of rents - Rents are usually collected on a monthly basis by standing order. However, in some cases companies will require invoicing. Rents are paid out to landlords with monthly statements.
- Management - We act as arbitrator during the tenancy. We will deal with all disputes promptly and efficiently in order to maintain the flow of rental payments.
- Repairs - We will endeavour to contact you before arranging repairs. However, if this is not possible we will go ahead with the repair in order to maintain a good relationship with the tenant. Emergency repairs will always be carried out to minimise damage - these are generally claimed on insurance. Small expenditures will be deducted from the monthly income - however, we may ask landlords for payment in full of larger invoices.
- Routine inspections are carried out on a quarterly basis and a report forwarded to the landlord.
- A full check out inspection is carried out and action is taken eg cleaning, gardening and replacement of missing items from the inventory which are charged against the tenants damage deposit. It should be noted we are unable to check roofs or attics and large or heavy items of furniture will not be moved to check under or behind.
- Rent Arrears - Where a
landlord has a Rent and Legal protection Policy, a claim will
be lodged with the insurers. If a landlord does not have this
cover then we have a set procedure for chasing arrears, but the
end result may be the
landlord having to instruct solicitors or make a claim through the small claims court.
These costs will be paid by the landlord.
- Notice of Possession -
If a landlord requires vacant possession of a property they must
instruct us in writing. At least two months' notice must be given
to end a fixed term tenancy and at least two months (including
two rent due dates)
must be given to end a periodic tenancy.
- Rent Review - A landlord can not increase the rent during a fixed term tenancy and must instruct us in writing to implement an increase.
- Insurance Claims - We are happy to make claims on your behalf for buildings, contents or rent and legal protection.
- Bellwood Associates may spend whatever monies necessary to ensure that properties comply with current safety legislation.
- Relet Properties - The
landlord will be informed when a tenant gives notice and we will
finding a new tenant. Automatic lease renewals are offered to satisfactory existing tenants. If a landlord does not wish this to happen we must be instructed in writing.
- The landlord agrees to a "To Let/Let By" board outside the property. There is no charge for this.
- Any Landlord residing abroad must complete a Form NRL1 from the Inland Revenue to obtain an exemption number so that rents may be paid gross without the deduction of tax.
- Fees - a one-off letting fee of 50% if the first month's rent (plus VAT). Thereafter, a monthly management fee of 15% (plus VAT) is charged. Fees for larger portfolios are negotiable.
- Damage or loss caused by the tenants not covered by insurance.
- Any specific advertising costs requested by a client.
- Any rent arrears not collected
from the tenant after all reasonable steps have been taken. Direct
or indirect loss to a client where a tenant fails to vacate on
the date required by the Notice of Possession. These issues are
by the Rent and Legal Costs Protection Insurance Policy and we strongly advise landlords to avail themselves of this cover which we will be happy to arrange.
Letting Service Only
- Find a suitable tenant as detailed above.
- Carry out full reference check.
- Carry out accompanied viewings.
- Prepare the Tenancy Agreement.
- Collection of the first
month's rent together with a damage bond of one month's rent.
Please note that we also make an administration charge to tenants. Fees - 50% of the fist month's rent (plus VAT). The damage bond will be transferred to the landlord.
We offer a wide variety of very competitive insurances. Please ask for a quote.